The Pastry Cook is responsible for assisting their team with the preparation and creation of high-quality pastry items such as breakfast items, passed dessert bites, plated desserts, garnishes, and sauces. Coordinate with our Executive Chef to create and explore new items for menu development.
- Prepare and produce intricate pastry, desserts and baking related dishes.
- Work with motivated team members, providing them with new pastry insight.
- Constant communication and interaction with team leads
- Ability to troubleshoot and make on the fly decisions
- A passion for patisserie and baking
- Ability to provide a quick turn around with R&D creations
- Help organize the activities of the team, providing support in their daily work.
- Maintain a high quality control standards at all times.
- Ensure that you follow health and safety regulations and guidelines
- Ensure your work area is clean and tidy.
- To ensure all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature..
- To work at catering events if skills/talents are required
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of pastry experience
- Catering and bulk pastry baking and assembly experience preferred
- Teamwork mentality
- High energy and personable personality
- Sugar cookie decorating skills
- Cake decorating skills
- Knowledgeable in the art of high-end patisserie and plated desserts
Description of Package:
- Kitchen hours of operations: 6AM-2PM (Dependent upon Production Load)
- Event hours dependent on calendar needs
- Hourly wage will be discussed upon application approval
To apply for this position please email a copy of your resume here.