Interested in working at A Fare Extraordinaire?
We’d love to hear from you because we’re hiring! Send us your resume and application for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to fill out the application.
Culinary Database Administrator
The Culinary Database Administrator will assist both Culinary and Operations Departments for A Fare Extraordinaire, a full-service catering and event planning company, and its exclusive venue, The Revaire. The ideal candidate will act as both a culinary assistant to the executive chefs and a catering database administrator. Someone who has attention to detail, a respect for logistical procedures, and culinary experience will thrive in this fast-paced, dynamic company.
This role will maintain the daily operations of the culinary department by acting as the communication liaison between the chefs and the sales teams, working heavily in the catering database, Caterease, handling all administrative tasks, and ensuring protocols are followed for the culinary department. This role reports to the Director of Operations and Executive Chef.
Culinary Assistant responsibilities
- Assisting Executive Chef in scheduling chefs for events and kitchen prep
- Responds to all custom menu requests and supports chefs in menu development
- Help chefs maintain email inbox responses and organization
- Responsible for printing ingredient sheets and ensuring they are updated after menu or guest count changes
- Saving all event related paperwork on behalf of chefs to the catering database, Caterease
- Approving and updating change order requests
Caterease DATABASE Administrator Responsibilities
- Acts as a system administrator for Caterease software, utilized by the company to store and organize company and event data
- Makes any menu item modifications as requested by the sales or culinary teams
- Inputs approved custom menu items and event change requests into Caterease
- Adds newly created menu items to the system
- Monitors and updates all Caterease documentation and cheat sheets to keep them current
- Updates pricing, menu items, holidays, and tracking metrics in Caterease
- Works with Marketing Department to schedule tasting photo shoots and upload food and beverage photos into Caterease
- Works with management team(s) to identify, develop, and implement strategic plans to achieve goals
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex inquiries and requests, along with the Director of Operations, from internal and external clients
- Leads and facilitates communication of best practices, policies, procedures, and initiatives to support company operations
- Maintains systems by researching and resolving problems, maintaining system integrity and security
- Fulfills all helpdesk emails for adjusting settings or troubleshooting the system
- Coordinates software/release upgrades with IT
skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the catering and/or event planning industry
- Previous experience with Caterease or similar database a huge plus
- Highly detailed, accurate, and organized
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite Products, including managing Outlook efficiently for multiple users
- Driven, creative, and passionate about customer service and the event industry
- Self-directed in a team environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Collaborative worker who trusts the expertise of fellow departments
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Manages time, projects, and deadlines efficiently and independently
- Direct and intuitive communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information
description of package
- Compensation structure and benefit packages offered are candidate dependent and will be outlined in the interview process.
- Click here to download the application.
- Apply by sending your resume and a complete application to email@example.com