Interested in working at A Fare Extraordinaire?
We’d love to hear from you because we’re hiring! Send us your resume and application for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to fill out the application.
executive pastry chef
The Executive Pastry Chef is responsible for all pastry recipe development, the quality, presentation, and production of all pastry items and breads as well as the scheduling and management of the pastry team members. The Executive Pastry Chef will oversee pastry product ordering and maintain pastry product inventory. The Executive Pastry Chef will report to the Executive Chef.
- Manage the Pastry Department team
- Hands-on daily oversight of all pastry products
- Communicative guidance and instruction to team members
- Schedule team members based on prep schedule and event demands
- Provide performance and behavioral feedback alongside Executive Chef as needed
- Leave detailed instructions for team to operate efficiently when out of the office
- Create internal training workshops to provide additional skills, knowledge, and growth to team members
- Hire new team members alongside Executive Chef
- Understand and maintain product and labor costs, pastry pricing, and profit margins
- Act as event party lead
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Forecast event menus to communicate product needs to Executive Sous Chef
- Collaborate with Executive Chef to creatively plan custom menus with quality ingredients within budgetary restrictions
- Complete all dessert related custom ingredient forms for Caterease input
- Reply to emails related to pastry questions
- Review and update pastry items and pricing in Caterease with Operations
- Spearhead research and development of new products seasonally and as time allows
- Focus on staying ahead of dessert trends by developing and using new techniques
- Keep an organized and clean kitchen space
- Alert Executive Chef of equipment maintenance needs to maintain longevity of all equipment
- Attend weekly culinary meetings with Executive Chef, Director of Operations, and CEO
- Participate in client tastings to share about the dessert selections
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker, or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and baking techniques
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten-free, etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field
description of package
- Nights and weekend work are required based on the event schedule
- Salary and benefits will be discussed with each candidate during the interview process
- Click here to download the application.
- Apply by sending your resume and a complete application to email@example.com